With its turquoise sky, rugged terrains and snow-capped mountain peaks, Nubra valley is one of the most stunning places in Ladakh. The valley is blessed with dramatic landscapes of soaring mountains, vast stretches of sand dunes and green valley beds with vibrant flowers.
Nubra Valley Travel Guide
What makes this sight even more pleasing is the smooth flow of the dual rivers of Nubra and Shyok curving through it. A haven for hikers and explorers, no wonder it is one of the top places to visit in Ladakh.
Nubra Valley Location
Places to Visit in Nubra Valley
Along the Nubra River:
Along the Shyok River
Places on the Route:
- Khardung La Pass
How to Reach Nubra Valley from Leh
Time Required to Reach Nubra Valley from Leh
Nubra Valley By Car
Nubra Valley By Bike
Preparation for Nubra Valley
1. Acclimatize Well
2. Prepare for Khardung La Pass
3. Things to Carry before starting off the journey
- A good stock of snacks and water.
- Don’t forget to bring warm clothes and an additional blanket to avoid getting cold.
- If riding by bike, make sure to carry a couple of gallons of petrol with you.
Nubra Valley Accommodation
Nubra Valley Top Things to Do & Places to Visit
1. Go for an ATV Ride at Khalsar
Shyok river and offers panoramic views of the high mountains.
Price: Rs. 1200 per ride
Attractions Along Shyok River
2. Diskit Monastery at Diskit Village
Diskit Monastery Nubra Valley
3. Lachung Temple
Lachung Temple Nubra Valley
4. Go for a Camel Safari in Hunder
Camel Safari in Hunder Nubra Valley
Price: Rs. 200
Attractions Along the Nubra River
Nubra Valley Attractions
5. Visit the Samstanling Monastery
6. Halt at Zamskhang palace in Tiger village
7. Take a dip at the hot springs at Panamik Village
8. Yarab Tso Lake
Days required to Explore Nubra Valley
Additional Tips & Information
Hunder Army Medical Camp