The wait is over! Indian travelers can now plan their vacation to the pristine islands of Maldives. As Maldives reopens its borders to South Asian countries, the Maldivian President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih made an announcement last week stating that the government has decided to resume international flight services from 15th July.
India-Maldives Flights Resume from July 15
The airlines operating between the two countries are Indigo and Go First (previously known as GoAir)
Schedule for Indigo Flights to Male
Direct flights to Male from Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kochi
- From Kochi & Bengaluru : Weekly 1 flight on Thursdays
- From Mumbai : Flights twice a week on Fridays & Saturdays. Then daily from July 20.
Schedule for Go First Flights to Male
Direct flights to Male from Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru
- Twice a week on Thursdays and Sundays
If everything goes well, then from September 3, flights between the two countries will operate daily.
- Travelers are required to fill a health declaration form on the Maldives immigration portal 24 hrs before departure.
- It’s mandatory for International passengers to carry a negative RT-PCR test report before entering the country.
- No mandatory test on arrival or quarantine unless someone shows COVID-19 symptoms. In that case, the traveller will have to undergo a PCR test.